Stir-Fried Chicken and Basil
from Cook's Country, June/July 2010
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 8 thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 lbs), cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Combine oyster sauce, water, vinegar, and chili-garlic sauce in small bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook half of chicken until no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Repeat with additional 1 Tbsp oil and remaining chicken.
- Add remaining oil and bell pepper to empty skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil, mint, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add oyster sauce mixture and chicken, along with any accumulated juices, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve.
Leave a review or comment