Chicken and Basil Stir FryPrep: 20 min Cook: 6 min Servings: 4by Salad Foodie391 recipes>
A quick entrée that won't bust your budget or waistline. Garlic, ginger and basil flavor the chicken lightly. Serve with hot cooked rice if desired. From Sunset Weeknight, 2005.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (I used chicken tenders)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (may need a little more)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or Asian fish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Hot cooked rice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips 2 to 3 inches long.
- Heat a 10-12 inch nonstick skillet over medium high. When hot add oil, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and chicken. Stir often until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 3 to 4 minutes (cut center of a chicken strip to test).
- In small bowl mix together soy sauce and cornstarch til dissolved; stir in chicken broth. Add to pan and stir until sauce is boiling, about 1 minute. Add basil leaves and stir until just barely wilted, about 30 seconds. Adjust seasoning and serve with (optional) hot rice.
Leave a review or comment