Stink Beans And Anchovies in Chili GravyPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Tantalizing sumptuous chili flavored dish
- 400g petai/stink beans - slide into two or three pieces
- 1 cup dried anchovies/ikan bilis - soaked and drained
- 4 hard boiled eggs - peel off the shell
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Salt for taste
- Oil as needed
- For the chili paste - blend/ground
- 10 dried red chilies
- 5 garlic
- 5 shallots
- 1/2 inch roasted belacan
- Heat enough oil and deep fry the eggs for a thin layer of crispy coating.
- (Note: Over frying will produce a rubbery texture)
- In the same oil, deep fry anchovies till light brown and crispy.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Leave about 3 tbsp of the oil in the wok while removing the excess.
- Add chili paste and fry till oil splits.
- Put in petai and cook for a texture you prefer.
- Combine in all the other ingredients, including the fried anchovies and eggs.
- Stir well and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment