St. Patrick's Day Pistachio Bundt CakePrep: 5 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 12by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
I made this cake in advance of St. Patick's Day to test if it would be worthy of that occassion. I was a little bit skeptical given the packaged ingredients, but it turned out wonderfully. Our dinner guests and our kids both loved it! When sliced, the inside of the cake has a nice green tint to it which is not visible in the photos I took but which makes it appropriate for St. Paddy's Day. If you want to be strengthen the connection, you could add a few drops of green food coloring to the glaze.
- 1 pkg (18 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 pkgs (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tbs milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake pudding mixes, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds and then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and stir to reach a desired consistency. Add more milk if needed. Drizzle over cake.
Leave a review or comment