Speedy Fish & ChipsPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Jennifer Blair5 recipes>
This is supposed to be a good for you dish, but all I can say it is a really good dish. I got this from my mother it was one of our favorites when I lived @ home. Now my kids go there & love it too. This is the only way they will eat fish other that a heavy, oily, deep fried mess.
- 4 small Baking Potatoes(washed & cleaned)
- 1tsp+1TBS Oil(I use olive for more flavor)
- 3/4 tsp Paprika, divided
- 1/3 C+ 2 tsp Bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 4 small Fish(flounder, sole, cod, or orange roughy)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 15x10 pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half, then cut the halves into 3 wedges. place in a medium bowl.Sprinkle potatoes with 1 tsp oil& 1/4 tsp paprika.Toss to coat; well.Place wedges in a single layer on 1(one) side of pan. Bake 15 minutes, until just tender.Remove potatoes from oven; set aside. Keep oven on.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper& paprika with a fork stir in remaining oil until crumbs are evenly moist.Press fillets into crumbs 1(one) at a time turn to coat. Place on pan with potatoes in a single layer.Bake 15 mins until fish flakes easily & potatoes are brown.
- Severe with tartar sauce. Best if eaten when hot. not very good reheated.
Leave a review or comment