Spanish Style Beans and RicePrep: 20 min Cook: 11 min Servings: 4by Rich H61 recipes>
This vegan adaptation of traditional Spanish Style Beans and Rice is a nice light dish. Plate it with some fresh fruit slices for added color and flavor and you have a lovely, healthy dinner. If you choose to go more traditional, simply hard boil, peel and dice 2 eggs as a topping garnish and add it prior to serving.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups quick-cook brown rice, cooked (Success boil-in-the-bag works great)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 medium mineola oranges, peeled and wedged (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add in the sea salt, peppers and onion and sautéfor about 3 minutes.
- Add the pre-cooked brown rice and the cumin and paprika. Cook for 3 minutes then stir in the black beans. Allow to cook until heated through; about 5 minutes.
- Plate to a serving dish ringed with orange slices or the fruit of your choice.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment