Southwestern Turkey BurgerPrep: 20 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 4by Curt Despres16 recipes>
This weekend, my wife and I got creative. We bought some ground turkey and decided that we would each make up our own recipe. My wife likes the more subtle flavors. When I say that, I don’t mean boring, I mean she just tends to put flavors together in a more subtle way, where I tend to get a little carried away. So let’s take a look at my creation with a southwestern flare. The cumin flavor really comes through nicely in this southwestern flavored burger.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded) (I used Reduced Fat)
- 1/4 cup onions (diced)
- 1/4 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro (dried & chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, mix the turkey burger and all the other ingredients together. Now form this into patties. You can make 5 medium sized patties, or 4 big fat patties.
- 2. Grill them on a medium hot grill until theyâre cooked to your liking. About 10 to 12 minutes for a perfectly coked burger.
- 3. Put them on your favorite type of bun with all the fixings you like. Like I said above, the cumin flavor was very strong.
Leave a review or comment