Cheese And Turkey Burgers With Apples, Onions, And Peppers
- 1 1/2 lb grnd white meat turkey
- 1/2 ounce skim-lowfat milk cheddar cheese sliced very thin
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Vegetable cooking spray as needed
- 1 lrg cooking apple cored, sliced (Braeburn, Granny Smith, or possibly Macintosh)
- 2 ounce red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 x red pepper cut julienne strips
- 4 whl -wheat rolls Mustard (optional) Low-sodium ketchup (optional)
- Shape the turkey into 8 round uniform patties. Top 4 with cheese and top with another patty, pressing the sides of the patty down to enclose the cheese.
- Coat 2 skillets with cooking spray. Cook the patties in one skillet and the apple and vegetables in the other till done.
- When ready to serve, place a turkey double-patty on each of the 4 rolls, top with apples and vegetables and (if using) pass the mustard and low-sodium ketchup.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment