South of the Border Lasagna
A different take a lasagna that my family loves.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 green pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 container of ricotta cheese
- 1 can spicy chili beans
- 1 pkg lasagna noodles
- 1 package of pepper jack or Mexican mix cheese
- Brown hamburger with chopped onion.
- Drain off fat and add seeded and chopped bell peppers and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until pepper is slightly soft.
- Drain most of the fluid off and add enchilada sauce â red not green.
- Bring back to a simmer then remove from heat.
- ***Time saver- put together the night before to avoid having to cook the noodles***
- Mix together ricotta and spicy chili beans.
- In lasagna pan start with a layer of noodles flowed by a layer of meat sauce then ricotta bean and top with cheese. Continue with layers ending with a layer of noodles, meat sauce and cheese.
- ***time saver is refrigerated overnight- let set out while oven is preheating***
- Cook in 425 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, chips, salsa, diced avocado, and any other taco topping.
Leave a review or comment