Sizzling Singapore Chili Prawns
- 1/4 c. chicken stock
- (or possibly canned chicken broth)
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallot
- 1 x fresh red or possibly green jalapeno chile seeded, chopped
- 3/4 lb uncooked large shrimp - (abt 16) shelled, deveined,
- and tails left intact
- 1 x egg lightly beaten
- Stir the chicken stock, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sweet chili garlic sauce together in a small bowl.
- For the Dish: Heat a wok over high heat till warm. Add in the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add in the garlic, ginger, shallot and chile. Stir-fry till fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add in the shrimp and stir-fry till they turn pink and curl slightly, 1 to 2 min.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. While stirring in a circular motion, slowly pour in the beaten egg. This will create egg "flowers".
- Turn off the heat, scoop the contents of the wok onto a platter and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment