Grilled Prawns With Chinese Noodles And Peanut Sauce
- 2 tsp minced gingerroot
- 2 tsp minced cilantro
- 2 x fresh jalepeno minced
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp curry pwdr
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 18 x prawns size - (16/20) peeled, deveined, and skewered with 3 prawns per skewer
- 1/4 c. sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 c. sherry Warm Chinese noodles for serving
- For the peanut sauce, place gingerroot, cilantro and jalepeno in a food processor and process till smooth. Add in vinegar, soy and peanut butter and puree till smooth and creamy. Add in curry and sesame oil. Process till mixed well. Remove from processor and chill till ready to use.
- For the prawns, soak skewers in water for 1 hour, then skewer prawns. Marinate skewered prawns in sweet chili sauce and sherry for 1 hour.
- Make sure your grill is warm and grill prawns on each side for about 3 min. While prawns are grilling have your spouse toss the cooked Chinese noodles in the peanut sauce and place on 6 plates. When prawns are done put on top of noodles and serve.
- For the Chinese noodles, guess on the amount. Cook in boiling water for 5 min.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment