Short Ribs, Boneless - Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker braised boneless beef short ribs in a sauerbraten-like sauce
- 2 tblsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (or less)
- 3 pounds boneless or bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup chile sauce
- 3 tblsp packed brown sugar (1 quarter cup packet)
- 3 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mild New Mexico chiles (hot NM peppers would be great too)
- flour (up to 2 tblsp) as needed for thickening before serving
- 1/4 cup water
- In a gallon food-safe plastic bag combine 2 tblsp flour, seasoned salt and pepper. Coat short ribs in flour mixture just before ready to sear.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Brown short ribs in oil.
- In a slow cooker combine onions, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ground chiles. Mix thoroughly. Transfer the short ribs to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- If the sauce needs thickening remove the ribs and turn slow cooker to high. Mix the remaining 2 tblsp flour with 1/4 cup water, and stir into the sauce. Cook for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Leave a review or comment