Spicy BBQ Short Ribs
- 4 - 4 1/2 lbs. boneless short ribs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, ribs and veins removed, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsps chili powder
- In a pan or Ziploc bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add ribs in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in butter.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove the ribs and let cool.
- Remove the onions and jalapeños and chop in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add to the sauce in the crockpot.
- Shred the meat and add back into the sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 more hours.
- Serve in tacos or on a bun.
Leave a review or comment