Shirmp with Broccoli Stir FryPrep: 20 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This is a bit of a make-shift stir fry that came out great. I mixed some of the ingredients from my favorite chinese and thai dishes here, and the combination came out delicious.
- 2 lbs broccoli
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sake or dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Chop broccoli into small pieces, put in Wok or large saute pan with 1/2 cup water, cover, and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove to collander and rinse with cook water.
- In medium bowl toss shrimp with egg whites and 1/2 Tbsp oil.
- Add 1.5 Tbsp vegetable oil to the wok and heat to very high temperature. Add garlic and ginger and toss for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp mixture and saute for 1 minute. Then add the broccoli, soy sauce, fish sauce, sake or wine, and pepper.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 Tbsp of water and add to the Wok, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve hot over jasmine rice or brown jasmine rice.
Leave a review or comment