Beef And Broccoli Stir Fry
- Quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb Beef strips for stir-fry (such as beef round steak)
- 3 tsp Cornstarch, divided
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp To 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 x Sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bag (8 ounce.) fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 c. Stir-Fry Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 1 bn (3 c.) watercress
- 1 c. Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c. Dry sherry
- 4 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1. Prepare brown rice according to package directions for 4 servings.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large, deep skillet or possibly wok over high heat till shimmering. Toss beef with 2 tsp. cornstarch in medium bowl. Add in to skillet and cook, stirring, till no longer pink, 1 to 2 min. With slotted spoon, transfer to clean bowl.
- 3. Add in remaining 1 tsp. oil to skillet. Add in garlic, red pepper flakes and onion; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in broccoli and Stir-Fry Sauce.
- Dissolve remaining 1 tsp. cornstarch in chicken broth; add in to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, till broccoli is tender, 5 min.
- 4. Return beef to skillet with watercress and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Serve with brown rice.
- Makes 4 servings.
- STIR-FRY SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid. Stir till sugar is dissolved. Chill up to 2 weeks. Shake before using.
- Makes1 1/2 c..
Leave a review or comment