Scorpionfish with chickpeas and wine polentaPrep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
White fish with succulent sauce and flavorful polenta.
- 4 small scorpionfish, well cleaned, without heads
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 240 g canned whole (peeled) tomatoes
- 1 tbs Vegeta or similar seasoning
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 240 g canned chickpeas, drained and washed
- Polenta with wine and chives:
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Chives, chopped
- Sauté briefly onions and garlic in oil, over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, Vegeta and oregano, stir and with a wooden spoon roughly chop the tomatoes. Gently simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add wine, stir, briefly simmer over medium heat for flavors to blend.
- Spread few tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of an ovenproof casserole, place the scorpionfish on the sauce, cover with the rest of the sauce. Top with chickpeas, cover.
- Cook the fish for 20 minutes in the oven at 200°C, then remove the lid and bake another 10 - 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the polenta with wine and chives: gradually and stirring constantly, add instant polenta in to the salted, boiling water. Stir in the wine to make polenta less thick. Add chives, stir. Pour the polenta into a square pan, allow to cool slightly and harden, cut it with the round cookie cutter. Serve with the fish and sauce.
Leave a review or comment