Quinoa Toss with Chickpeas and Herbs
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth OR vegetable broth
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn THAWED
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 TBS snipped fresh basil
- 2 TBS snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 cup diced cooked beats
- Romaine leaves
- Rinse quinoa in fine mesh sieve under cold running water; drain.
- In saucepan bring broth to boiling.
- Add quinoa. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Cut corn from cobs. Rinse and drain chickpeas. In bowl combine quinoa, corn, chickpeas, cheese, onion and herbs.
- For dressing, in bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice 1/2 TSP each salt and pepper. Add to Quinoa mixture, toss to coat.
- Cover and let stand at least 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Stir in beets just before serving. Serve in bowls lined with Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Makes 8 1-cup servings.
Leave a review or comment