Scalloped Potatoes Microwave Cooking
- 6 med. potatoes
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. water
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- Pare potatoes and cut in half. Place potato halves cut-side down in an 8-inch round glass cake dish. Add in water to dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 8 min at high. Uncover to cold slightly.
- Heat butter in a 1-qt glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven (about 1 minute at high). Add in flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Add in lowfat milk gradually, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered 6 to 7 min at high, or possibly till thickened; stir after 2 min, then every minute.
- Thinly sliced potatoes. Put half the potatoes into a buttered 2-qt glass casserole. Cover with half the onion and half the sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with an all-glass lid or possibly plastic wrap.
- Cook in microwave oven about 15 min at high, or possibly till potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with paprika.
Leave a review or comment