Savory Country Style Corned Beef HashPrep: 7 min Cook: 13 min Servings: 8by Smokinhotchef334 recipes>
This recipe is a simple satisfying and quick meal. Canned corn beef is matched with potatoes, onions and green pepper for chunky forks full of flavor. With time constraints as well as trying to pinch pennies, it's nice to know you can happily create a meal for at least 4 people with just 1 can. Served simply with buttered or olive oil drizzled toast, biscuits or even whole wheat tortillas, this meal will be a winner.
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb. good quality canned corn beef, broken into rough chunks*
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 c. low sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat cast iron skillet or other heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with paprika, mustard powder and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle liberally with olive oil. Toss to coat all potatoes evenly.
- Add potatoes to pan and shake to distribute. Cook for several minutes, shaking pan often to sear all sides. After several minutes, add beef broth, onions, garlic, and green pepper and bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are just fork tender about 6 to 8 minutes. Fold in corned beef, leaving varied sized pieces for texture. Re-cover and turn off heat to allow the corned beef to heat through. Taste and re-season to taste as desired and drizzle with olive oil before serving Serve with hot
- buttered or plain toast, biscuits, whole wheat tortillas or other bread as desired.
- *You may use deli style corned beef if you wish.
Leave a review or comment