Corned Beef HashPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled
- 12 oz (340 g) corned beef
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes until slightly softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly; grate coarsely.
- Meanwhile, cut corned beef into chunks; place in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and corned beef; heat, stirring, until combined, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; mix in parsley and mustard. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Divide into 8 mounds; using hands, form into scant 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. Wipe out skillet; add half of the remaining butter and heat over medium-high heat. Fry half of the patties, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining patties and butter. (Make-ahead: Place in single layer on baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Uncover and reheat in 400°F/200°C oven until hot, about 15 minutes.)
Leave a review or comment