Sauerkraut and Sausage CasserolePrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Glenn38 recipes>
I found this in the Lititz Church of the Brethren Cookbook credited to Helen Forry. I love sauerkraut and this just looks too good. It is on my list to try.
- 1-1/2 lb Pork Sausage
- 1 can Sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 cups Mashed Potatoes (Instant works fine)
- 1/4 cup grated Cheese
- Brown sausage in pan and drain.
- Combine Sauerkraut and Onion.
- Place in bottom of casserole and cover with Sausage.
- Stir half of cheese Cheese into Mashed Potatoes and cover Sausage.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes or until the tips of the potatoes turn golden brown.
Leave a review or comment