Sambal Tempeh Ikan Bilis Masin (Fermented Soybean And Salted Anchovies In Chili Gravy)Prep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
This spicy, salty and tangy dish is a true essence of a typical Malaysian dish.
- 1 packet tempeh - cut into long pieces
- 1/2 cup ikan bilis masin/salted anchovies - soaked and drain out excess water
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 sprigs basil leaves (can replace with coriander leaves or leave it out)
- Oil as needed
- Salt for taste (only if needed)
- For the sambal/chili gravy
- 7 dried red chilies
- 4 garlic
- 1/2 inch belacan/shrimp paste (optional)
- 1 tomato
- Fry tempeh till crispy and brown in color.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Do the same to bilis/anchovies.
- Remove excess oil and leave about 3 tbsp.
- Sauté onion and add chili paste.
- Fry till aromatic and oil splits.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir into the chili gravy and remove.
Leave a review or comment