Russian CreamPrep: 4 hours Servings: 4by Cosmo11622 recipes>
I found this dessert online while trolling recipe websites. I had never heard of it and was intrigued. It was simple to make, and as you see, presents beautifully. But most importantly, it tastes delicious and was a big hit. It is also very versatile. I have seen it served as a parfait in individual cocktail glasses sundae glasses and such. I also saw it where the cream was in a bowl placed alongside a platter of assorted sliced fruit. That way people could select their favorites. I used a crystal truffle bowl and mixed in blueberries and raspberries I had in the house. It is delcious
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces of fresh fruit, Berries and pineapple work very well. mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over ice cold water; let stand for 1 minute
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat whipping cream and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is lukewarm. Remove from the heat;
- stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened this may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 90.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Immediately, if you are using parfait/cocktail glasses place about 1/4 cupful of cream mixture; top each with a rounded tablespoonful of fruit Repeat layers. Top each with 1/4 cup of cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with fresh fruit and mint.
- Yield: 4 delicious servings.
Leave a review or comment