Roasted Red Pepper HummusPrep: 10 min Servings: 8by Teri A20 recipes>
This is a great high protein snack or appetizer. Add other elements such as artichoke hearts, olives or mixed veggies to create diverse variations of this recipe. The options are endless!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (suggestion: cook ahead of time or use organic jarred peppers in water)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon olive or canola oil
- In an electric food processor (or blender), combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Process until the mixture is smooth. Add roasted peppers, oil and basil; process until the peppers are finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove mixture, cover and chill until you are ready to serve. Serve with a garnish of cilantro or minced garlic and organic tortilla or pita chips. Great snak or app!
Leave a review or comment