Roasted Garlic Mashed PotatoesPrep: 20 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 6by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
Roasting garlic in the oven brings out its sweet, nutty flavor. So it doesn't overpower mellow mashed potatoes. If you're looking for a Diabetic and/or Low-Fat Friendly recipe, see my tip below. Serve these easy potatoes with a seasoned rotisserie chicken and steamed green beans. It's also great with pork.
- 6 Medium Potatoes (About 2 Lbs.)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Rosemary, Chopped or 1/2 Tsp. Dried & Crushed
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup 2% Milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Scrub potatoes; pierce with fork to allow steam to escape. Wrap garlic cloves in foil. Bake potatoes and garlic 1 hour or until potatoes are soft.
- In 8-inch skillet, heat oil and rosemary over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until rosemary is fragrant.
- Cut potatoes in half; carefully spoon potatoes into large bowl. Save skins for another use or discard. Slip skins off cloves of garlic; discard skins. Add garlic, oil mixture, salt and pepper to potatoes. Mash until fluffy, adding milk until desired consistency; serve warm.
- Tip: Make this Diabetic and/or Low-Fat by replacing the 2% milk with skim or fat-free sour cream.
Leave a review or comment