Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Gorgonzola
- 5 x Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 ounce Butter Salt and pepper Nutmeg
- 3 1/2 ounce Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 head roasted garlic, cloves minced Minced parsley for garnish Minced chives for garnish
- Place potatoes in pan of warm water to cover. Boil 30 to 35 min. Drain potatoes. Lay on baking sheet in one layer. Bake at 325 degrees 5 - 10 min. Don't brown. Heat lowfat milk to a boil. Put potatoes in mixer with paddle attachment. Add in butter and some of the lowfat milk and seasonings and whip till fluffy, starting slowly and speeding up after the lowfat milk is incorporated. Add in only sufficient lowfat milk to give potatoes desired consistency.
- Mix in roasted garlic and Gorgonzola with a spatula. Sprinkle parsley and chives over top.
- Serves 6. To roast garlic, spread peeled cloves in baking pan. Drizzle generously with oil. Bake at 450 for 10 min or possibly till soft.
- 4-8-98. Lynn's notes: Made this for Easter 1998; Used unpeeled red potatoes, 2 heads of roasted garlic and 4-1/2 ounce. gorgonzola cheese. This was the best recipe I've ever had for garlic mashed potatoes!
Leave a review or comment