Rhubarb Custard PiePrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
My mother always made Rhubarb Custard Pie with the first rhubarb picked. It's one of my earliest memories of a favorite treat, so I feel lucky to have this recipe.
- 1 Lb. Fresh Rhubarb, Sliced Diagonally
- One 9-Inch Unbaked Pie Crust; Store Bought or Homemade
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rhubarb evenly in pie crust; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs and vanilla, then blend with sugar mixture.
- Pour over rhubarb and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and center is set. Remove from oven and let cool.
Leave a review or comment