Reuben CasserolePrep: 3 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Glenn39 recipes>
I love Reuben sandwiches and wanted to have another way of enjoying this hearty treat. So I created this casserole using a homemade Thousand Islands dressing without the mayo. It takes some pre-planning but is very well worth it. Enjoy!
- 6 slices rye bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 can sauerkraut
- 1/2 pound deli sliced corned beef
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, sugar, relish, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for several hours (mixing several times).
- Toast and cube bread saving crumbs
- Place bread cubes in casserole and top with sauerkraut, then beef.
- Stir topping thoroughly and spread evenly over beef.
- Tent casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake un-covered for 10 minutes.
Leave a review or comment