Chubby Tater Tot Casserole
A friend informed me that she uses country sausage for her tater tot casserole. This sounded amazing and inspired a deliciously naughty version. This is NOT diet friendly. I'll probably revamp it to find ways to lower the calorie level, but for now, it's SO good and SO bad. :)
- 1 pound country sausage
- Tater tots (enough to cover the bottom of your favorite casserole dish)
- 1 package country gravy mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup + one soup can of water (mushroom or celery would likely work as well)
- 1.5 to 2 cups 1 inch long slices of bell peppers of any or all colors
- 1 to 2 cups of grated cheese (I used 2/3 cheddar, 1/3 mozzarella)
- I began by baking the tater tots just a few minutes short of the package instructions. While this was in the oven, I browned the sausage, along with the bell peppers. In another pan, I whisked together the soup + water and the gravy mix.
- When the tater tots were almost crispy, I stirred the meat and veggies in with the soup/gravy mix and poured oll of it over the tater tots. I then covered the top with cheese and popped it all in the oven for 20 minutes at 350*.
Leave a review or comment