Red velvet Rose Swirl Rum cake!Prep: 30 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 9by Prachi8 recipes>
Usually people make rum cake or red velvet cake and people love both of them. So why not make a combination of both deliciousness in one. :) I made this rum cake for one of my very good friend on her birthday, and on coming weekend we had party with the leftover cake. It got finished in only 3 days. I am sure you and your family, friends will love this. Try the yummy red velvet rum cake.
- For the cake
- Red velvet cake mix
- Instant Chocolate flavor pudding mix
- Dark spiced rum 3/4 cup
- For the galze
- Unslated butter 3/4 cup
- Dark spiced rum 1/2 cup
- water 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar/granulated sugar 1 and 1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 325 degree F. Grease the cake pan with butter or oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients directed as per the cake on the box. (switch the water part with rum ) Add the mixture and pudding mix in it. Beat the mixture nicely for the fluffy cake.
- Bake the cake as per the instructions.
- Melt the butter in to saucepan. once it starts to melt, add sugar and water. Let it come to a boil. keep mixing it. Turn of the heat, add the rum in it.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately pour about half of the glaze over the cake. Keepp pouring the glaze as its hot, so it will soak most of the glaze.
- Invert the cake into another pan, and do the same process with remaining glaze. All of the glaze should be good enough for the cake.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator before you ice it or serve it. Chilled cake tastes even better.
- Once it soaked completely, you can decorate the cake anyway you want or you can just eat just the way it is. I bet, it tastes soooo good. It will start melting in your mouth and your friends and guests will ask for more.
Leave a review or comment