Red Beans And Rice Chops
- 2 med Oranges
- 4 x Bone-in Pork Chops, about 6 ounce. each and 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 lrg Onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 pkt (8-ounce.) Red Beans and Rice Mix
- 1 c. Fresh Cilantro or possibly Flat-leaf Parsley, minced
- Grate about three-quarters of a tsp. of the rind from one orange which has been washed and dry. Slice the oranges in half and use a juicer to squeeze out between one-third and one-half c. of orange juice. Cut any remaining orange sections into wedges for garnish.
- Hot a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat till warm. Add in the pork chops, and season with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper, if you like. Sear the chops for about 6 min, or possibly till lightly browned on both sides, making sure to turn at least once. Transfer the chops to a plate and keep hot.
- Reduce the heat under the same skillet to medium. Add in the onion, water, and salt. Cook the onion till tender, about 10 min. Add in the orange peel and stir. Add in the bean and rice mix and prepare as directed on the manufacturer's packaging, making sure to use the orange juice as part of the water called for on the bean and rice cooking instructions.
- Heat the mix to boiling, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 min. Remove the cover, place the pork chops in the cooking rice mix, and cook uncovered for about 10 min, or possibly till the rice is tender and the chops are no longer pink inside.
- To serve, garnish with remaining orange wedges and sprinkle some of the cilantro or possibly flat-leaf parsley over the pork chops and rice.
Leave a review or comment