RAS MALAIPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by MARIA LOURDES V. LIPARDO-AYUB85 recipes>
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Lipardo's Global Kitchen) for more recipes and future raffle draws for giveaway prizes. This sweet dish is an Indian dessert. When I was in Riyadh, an Indian doctor of the Late King Faisal loved the way I made Ras Malai. According to him, the way I prepared this dessert was perfect. He said, “You have magic in your hands!”
- 1 liter milk
- 3 tbsp. cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 level tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Combine milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix powdered milk, egg, flour, baking powder and oil in a bowl. Knead for a few minutes.
- Take 1 tbsp. dough and mold it into a ball.
- Drop dumplings in boiling milk and continue simmering until dumplings expand. Cool.
Leave a review or comment