QUINOA AND VEGETABLE PIE
This is made almost like rice pie but it is more healthier...and more nutritious.With soft quinoa the pie tasets really good.Serve it really hot.
- 3 cups Quinoa cooked in water till soft and fluffy
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 5 and 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups grated cheese
- 1 large onion,chopped fine
- 1/2 cup grated potato
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup beans,chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp finely choped parsely
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and wash it well under running water. Washing it well is important.
- In a deep pan,add 6 cups of water for 3 cup of quinoa. When water starts boiling, reduce the flame/heat to low.
- Cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Let it sit for 10 minutes.Then fluff it with a fork. Fluffy, light and tasty Quinoa is ready.
- Beat eggs and mix into quinoa with 1.5 cups cheese.
- Press into greased bottom and sides of a deep microwavable pie dish
- In another bowl take chopped onion,stir in 2 tbsp tsp oil and 4 tbsp water and cook on low for 2 minutes and add grated potato and cook for further 1 minute
- Add broccoli and the mixed veggies,cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes,stirring once
- Drain the vegetables fully
- Now layer the cooked veggies evenly over quinoa.
- Sprinkle Paprika all over and put it in the Microwave
- Cook on medium power for about 12 minutes .
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot!
Leave a review or comment