Quick Cooking Chocolate PuddingPrep: 10 min Cook: 5-6 min Servings: 4by Winelady Cooks7 recipes>
(Yields approx. 4 servings)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 TBLS. cornstarch
- 3 TBLS. organic agave
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 TBLS. Smart Balance (or butter)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- Sift the cocoa powder and the cornstarch in a large microwave bowl and blend together with a fork.
- Next slowly pour in the milk and, using a fork, stir well to break up any lumps and then stir in the agave.
- Add in the butter.
- Microwave on 100% power for 4 minutes. Keep a watchful eye on it and if it's bubbling into a very high mound after 2 - 2 1/2 minutes, take it out and stir well then continue cooking.
- After the 4 minutes stir well by folding the mixture into the center, then stir in the chocolate chips and cook another 2 minutes checking that it doesn't bubble over. If bubbling too much stir well if needed and continue for the remainder of the 2 minutes.
- The mixture should be a creamy, slightly thickened consistency and it should have a bit of shine to it.
- Pour into individual dessert dishes and cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill a few hours and serve with non-dairy topping, or whipped cream.
Leave a review or comment