Pumpkin cake.Prep: 50 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Super moist, crumbly and slightly sweet (oh yes, I like to keep it minimal) cake.
- 400g pumpkin - remove skin and cubed
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 20g butter (melted)
- 30g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar (for topping)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp dried raisins or blackcurrants.
- Simmer pumpkin with enough water (abt 2 cups) until soft and water dries up.
- Remove and mash it.
- Once cool, add flour bit by bit while stirring with a spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg, icing sugar, butter and vanilla essence.
- Slowly pour into pumpkin mixture and fold in
- Also, fold raisins.
- Add cake mixture in a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp of white sugar over.
- Bake at 175/180c for about 40 min or until its done.
- Remove from oven.
Leave a review or comment