Pulao RicePrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
A bond between spices, the magical blend of flavors and the angelic combination of fragrant basmati rice is simply amazing
- 2 cups basmati rice - rinse and drain out excess water
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp walnuts - break into 2-3 pieces
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp onion paste
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 3 green chilies - slices into 3-4 pieces
- 1 tsp coriander flakes/powder
- 1 tsp mint flakes/powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp saffron strands
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Salt for taste
- Heat ghee in rice cooker.
- Fry walnuts till crispy, remove and keep aside.
- Fry raisins in the same ghee till they become plump. Remove and
- keep aside.
- Next sauté ginger, garlic and onion paste in the same ghee.
- Add chilies, tomato, rice and coriander, mint and cinnamon powder.
- Stir all together for 2-3 mins.
- Then pour coconut milk, drop in saffron strands and season with salt.
- Gently stir in.
- Once rice is cooked, fluff it up.
- Lastly combine in green peas.
- Before serving, mix in fried walnuts and raisins.
Leave a review or comment