Prawn And Spinach Sodhi (Coconut Gravy)Prep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Creamy turmeric flavored gravy with succulent prawns inside.
- 15 medium size prawns - remove head and vein, leave the tail on
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 cup water (if you like to add)
- 1 bunch (100g) bayam/spinach - cut off roots, wash and cut into 1 inch length
- 1 (100g) onion - sliced thinly
- 2 green chillies - remove seed and cut into 1 inch length
- 1 (100g) tomato - sliced thinly
- 1 tsp fenugreek (halba) seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Into a pot, add coconut milk, onion, tomato, green chillies and fenugreek seeds.
- (Note: water if you want to dilute the gravy)
- Simmer over low heat.
- When heated through, add prawns, curry leaves and salt.
- Continue to simmer to half cook prawns.
- Put in the spinach leaves, stir, simmer for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- (Note: do not overcook prawns because they will shrink up and become rubbery)
Leave a review or comment