Potato and Smoked Salmon Breakfast CasserolePrep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Lyndsey12 recipes>
I made this for Easter brunch and it was a huge hit. It smells great while cooking and tastes even better!
- 2 cups of 1/2 inch cubed French baguette
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- 1lb of russet potatoes, peeled, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 lb of hot smoked salmon, skinned and flaked into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons of minced chives
- 2 teaspoons of minced fresh dill
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of half an half
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet and cook until golden brown. About 5 min.
- Butter an 11x7 inch glass baking dish
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat. Arrange in a single layer, cover and cook until tender; about 8 min.
- Uncover, turn heat to medium-high and cook until lightly brown; about 5 min.
- Add shallots and saute until soft; maybe another 2 min.
- Remove from heat. Gently mix in bread, salmon, chives, and minced dill.
- Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- Whisk eggs and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl and blend well.
- Pour custard over potato mixture in dish and let stand for 15 minutes while occasionally pressing bread into custard. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Bake casserole, uncovered, until custard is set, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Optional: garnish with dill, sour cream and capers
Leave a review or comment