Pork With Prawn DumplingsPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Marelie38 recipes>
Golden brown, crispy and crunchy yet soft and meaty in the middle. The aroma of sesame oil when used with dumplings is perfect. I read that there are about twenty types of dumplings in Chinese cuisine that are popular. Wow! what about the not so popular ones...I wonder how many types of dumplings in all. Hmmnnn... I don't want to count, for now let me enjoy and savor the taste of my home made dumplings.
- 4 packs of dumpling wrapper,round and vacuum packed ( app. 14 pcs per pack)
- 1/2 kg minced or ground pork meat
- 1/2 cup water chestnut ( singkamas) grated
- 1/4 cup young spring onion leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of salt,sugar and white ground pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 46 pcs shrimp slices or you can use single small prawn.
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a bowl,mix together the ff: minced/ground pork, water chestnut,spring onion,light soy sauce, sesame oil, pinch of sugar,salt and pepper and cornstarch.
- Mix evenly and set aside in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Place 1 tsp of meat mixture in the centre of the dumpling skin then add 1 prawn/ a cut of prawn in the center of meat mixture.Make sure the prawn is covered with meat mixture.
- Wet finger tips with some water and wipe around the edge of dumpling skin.
- Just fold the dumpling by half. Use finger tips to lightly pinch the edge of the skin to make it stick.
- With a little help of water at the edge of the skin, dumpling will be sealed tightly.
- Heat wok or pan with oil over high fire.Reduce heat to medium fire.
- Place no more than 5 dumplings at a time in the wok or pan, and fry till golden brown.
- Drain fried dumplings on kitchen towel/ table napkin.
- Now, its ready. Serve with dumpling sauce
Leave a review or comment