El Charro Cafe's Roasted Pork With Mango ...
- 1 x garlic head Water as needed
- 2 x pork tenderloins - (1 lb ea) (or possibly 2 to 3 lbs boneless pork loin)
- 2 Tbsp. flour Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. mango preserves or possibly mango chutney
- 1 c. apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. brown sugar - (packed)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 x mango - (to 2) sliced
- Peel garlic cloves and puree in blender with 1 Tbsp. water. Measure 2 Tbsp. puree; reserve remaining puree for another use. Coat pork with flour, then rub in garlic puree and salt and pepper to taste. Place meat on rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix mango preserves, apricot jam, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar and coat meat with mix.
- Roast at 450 degrees 10 min, then lower heat to 350 degrees and roast till internal temperature reaches 155 degrees and juices run clear when knife is inserted into center of roast, about 15 min total cooking time for pork tenderloins, about 45 min total cooking time for pork loin.
- Remove meat to cutting board. Allow meat to rest 10 min before cutting. Cut into thin slices and arrange on serving platter or possibly individual plates.
- Skim fat from pan juices. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 c. water and stir into juices. (Juices will be warm sufficient which sauce will thicken without additional cooking.) Strain sauce, if necessary. Insert mango slices between pork slices. Pour sauce over pork.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Description: "(Puerco con Mango)"
Leave a review or comment