Wow, Catherine, these look great! Can't wait to try.
PORK EGG ROLLSPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 1by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
- 1 package egg roll wraps
- For the egg roll filling you will need:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ head green cabbage
- 1 cup carrots, thinly diced
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded pork
- Canola oil for frying
- For Asian marinade you will need:
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground chili paste
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons cranberry juice
- Juice of half a lemon
- In a large bowl, marinade shredded pork with Â½ of the Asian marinade. Set aside the rest for the marinade for the vegetables.
- In a large frying pan, drizzle some vegetable oil and fry garlic, ginger, cabbage, carrots, and green onions. Once all is cooked down, add the remainder of the marinade. Add the marinated pork. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- On a work space, lay out with an egg roll wrap. Add about a tablespoon of filling diagonally on wrap. Fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll snugly half-way to cover the filling. Fold in both sides snugly against the filling and brush the top corner with water and roll up wrap tightly to enclose, sealing the roll with the top flap. Law flap-side down until ready to cook.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. To test if your oil is hot enough for frying, add a few drops of water to the oil, if the water sizzles and dances, your oil is ready. Place rolls flap down, a few at a time, turning occasionally until golden about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Leave a review or comment