Be creative. You can put a lot of different things in an egg roll.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups cole slaw mix from a bag or shredded cabbage and carrots
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking oil
- In a bowl, mix ground pork with ground ginger and garlic powder.
- In a medium hot pan, cook pork mixture until no longer pink.
- Add the cole slaw mix and stir together.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- When cool, place a single egg roll wrapper with one corner facing you.
- Place 3 TBSP of filling about 2 inches from the corner of the wrapper facing you.
- Fold bottom corner over the filling.
- Firmly roll the filled wrapper half way up.
- Brush some water on the exposed edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the 2 side corners over the filled roll and roll the rest of the way up.
- Press the top corner firmly onto the egg roll to seal it.
- Repeat for each egg roll.
- To fry egg rolls, heat oil in a fryer or Dutch Oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry egg rolls, 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil until golden brown, turning once (about 3 minutes)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with soy sauce or hot mustard sauce for dipping.
Leave a review or comment