Pinaputok na TilapiaPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Another twist of the usual grilled fish. Kids and adults would like this tasty fish recipe.
- 1 medium tilapia, cleaned and scales removed
- 1 medium unripe tomato, cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make about 2 to 3 slits on each side of the tilapia deep enough to reach the bones.
- Rub about 1 teaspoon of salt per side. Let the fish absorb the flavor for about 15 minutes.
- Combine the tomato, onion, ginger, lemon juice, salt, and ground black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop the tomato and onion mixture and stuff inside the cavity of the tilapia. Try to stuff all the mixture, if possible. Note that the tilapia should have a cut under the body due to removal of the innards.
- Wrap the tilapia in an aluminum foil. Make sure that everything is covered.
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the tilapia for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tilapia from the oven and then open the top so that the fish is exposed. Brush the cooking oil over the fish.
- Change the settings of the oven to broil (about 510 degrees Fahrenheit). Put the fish back-in with the exposed top. Broil for 15 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and serve with toyomansi.
Leave a review or comment