Pinangat na TilapiaPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
I like this simple native dish anytime of the week.
- 1 kilo Fresh Tilapia Fish
- 10pcs Fresh tamarind
- 2 big Fresh red tomatoes, cut into pieces
- Ginger, crushed
- pinch of Salt and pepper to taste
- Finger Chilies (optional)
- Wash thoroughly and rub the fish with salt.
- Arrange the fish on the pot properly. Avoid the fish to be on top of the other if possible.
- Put just enough water on the pot. The water level should only barely cover the fish.
- Put the washed tamarind, tomatoes and crushed ginger onto the pot.
- Season the water with a salt and pepper.
- Put the pan under low heat once it starts to simmer.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes, fish should be cooked by now.
- Season more if necessary.
- Add the finger chilies.
- Let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Leave a review or comment