Pinaputok na Tilapia with Kamatis
Fried fish with tomatoes on the side.
- 1 pc. large fish (Tilapia)
- 2 pcs. fresh medium red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red onions, chopped small
- 3 tbsps. ginger, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or mayonnaise)
- 1 pc. large lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted garlic (for garnish)
- aluminum foil for wrapping
- Clean fish and make 2 slice openings on each side. Squeeze lemon all over the fish, and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven toaster (or gas oven) at 425 degrees F. Grill fish for 20 minutes each side or until brown.
- Lay aluminum foil (length around 4 to 6 inches longer than the fish) and spread 1/4 cup of sour cream (or mayonnaise). Layer on top of it half of the tomatoes, onions and gingers. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Spread margarine on one side of the fish and place on top of the layer with the side of fish with margarine facing down.
- Spread margarine on the other side of the fish. Top he fish with the remaining tomatoes, onions and gingers. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Finally lay another layer of sour cream (mayonnaise) on top of it.
- Lay another sheet of aluminum foil and together wrap the fish. Seal the sides and ends properly so it will be airtight.
- Place in oven and broil it for 20-30 minutes at 450 degrees F or until the foil will bloat.
- Place the fish on the serving plate and slice the top with a knife and open. Garnish with toasted minced garlic on top
Leave a review or comment