Pepper steakPrep: 20 min Cook: 4 min Servings: 4by Ben8 recipes>
Pepper steak is a steak covered in crushed pepper corns, this gives it a little kick but not too much.
- 3 Tbs black crushed pepper corns
- 4 1 inch thick tenderloin steaks at room temperature
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp brandy
- 4 Tbs sour cream
- watercress leaves to serve
- place pepper corns on a plate and press steaks into them to coat both sides. Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add steaks and cook for 4 mins for medium on both sides.
- Put steaks on a warm plate and set aside. Pour brandy into skillet, increase heat to high, then use a wooden spoon, to stir until boiling.
- Stir in cream and continue boiling until the sauce is cut in half, add salt.
- Lay down watercress leaves on a plate, then put on the steak and top with sauce, serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment