Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 40by Salad Foodie394 recipes>
These peanut butter cookies have crunchy chopped peanuts and either chopped semisweet chocolate chunks or jumbo chocolate chips. They are somewhat chewy and moist if the baking is followed carefully, though you can bake an extra minute or two for a crisper version if you prefer (see Photo 2.)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate, or jumbo chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, optional (if omitted, increase salt to 1/2 teaspoon)
- Move oven rack to upper third of oven; preheat to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl beat together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, water and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in separate smaller bowl, then stir that into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate and optional peanuts.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon measure onto ungreased baking sheet. (I used a small ice cream scooper - 4 cm diameter or a little less than 1/8 cup by volume.)
- Flatten cookies slightly with heal of hand.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until cookies are golden around edges. (See Photo 2 for differences in baking 10 or 11 minutes.)
- Remove cookies to wire rack and cool completely before storing.
Leave a review or comment