Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola BarsPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 24by Salad Foodie405 recipes>
A nice breakfast bar or snack, these granola bars start with ready-made granola to save time. Make them chewy or crisp, adjust the fruits, nuts and spices to your liking.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, beaten (*see note below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups granola (cereal or bulk. I used Cascadian Farms)
- ½ cup peanuts (or almonds, chopped walnuts or 1/3 cup sunflower seeds)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- NOTE: One egg makes the bars crispy; two eggs make them chewy.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Butter a 9x13" baking pan.
- In large bowl mix well together the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, egg and vanilla.
- Gently fold in granola, nuts and mini chocolate chips, coating cereal thoroughly.
- Push batter into prepared pan and press with firmly but not overly forceful.
- Bake about 25 to 30 minutes (or 35 to 40 minutes if 2 eggs were used) until edges are beginning to brown. Remove from oven and IMMEDIATELY score into 24 bars, but do not remove from pan. Cool pan on wire rack thoroughly.
- Score again if needed, then remove from pan and serve or store.
- If bars were made crispy, store in airtight container. If made chewy, store covered in refrigerator or freeze.
- YIELD: 24 bars
Leave a review or comment