Pasta Shells Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
- 283g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 425g ricotta cheese
- 110g grated Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 800ml tomato sauce
- 32 jumbo pasta shells, freshly cooked
- Additional grated Parmigiano cheese
- Squeeze spinach dry.
- Transfer spinach to large bowl. Add ricotta cheese, 120g Parmigiano cheese, fennel, basil and garlic to bowl.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper; blend.
- Preheat oven to 180° c.
- Spoon 150ml marinara sauce evenly over bottom of 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with spinach mixture.
- Place shells, filling side up, in dish.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve, passing additional Parmigiano cheese separately. Serves 6.
Leave a review or comment