Chicken Pockets With Spinach And Cheese
- 1 x onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 x carrot grated
- 1 x garlic clove crushed
- 1 sprg fresh thyme (or possibly 1/4 tspn dry thyme)
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach washed, stalks removed, leaves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 3 x boneless skinless chicken breasts halved
- 1 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 3 ounce fat-free sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp. dry parsley flakes
- 2 x egg whites beaten with
- 2 Tbsp. water Nonfat cooking spray as needed Paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute/fry onion in oil till limp. Add in carrot and cook 2 to 3 min. Add in garlic, thyme, and spinach. Cover and cook till spinach wilts. Pour off excess water. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cold. Divide into 6 portions.
- Cut pocket in side of each chicken half. Stuff each with spinach filling. Close with toothpicks.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, and parsley flakes. Dip chicken in egg wash and roll in crumb mix. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and put chicken pockets in. Spray chicken, sprinkle with paprika. Bake 30 min.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Serving size: 1/6 recipe.
Leave a review or comment